Friday, May 11, 2007

My painting in the Cambridge Art Association's National Prize Show



I am honored to have my painting "Pirouette" included in the Cambridge Art Association's Tenth Annual National Prize Show. My work is one of 112 pieces selected from more than 1,000 entries by juror Thomas W. Lentz of the Harvard University Art Museums. My piece is on display in the art association's University Place Gallery, located at 124 Mount Auburn Street in Cambridge, across from the post office in Harvard Square; the gallery is open Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM, and Saturdays 9 AM to 1 PM. The show is on view until June 20.

"Pirouette" is 28" square, made of acrylic and spray paint on stretched canvas.

For a complete view of the National Prize Show on line, please visit http://www.cambridgeart.org/npsbrowse.html?a=7049

2 comments:

Bianka said...

Congratulations Catherine! What an honor.
I've read your previous blogs and you really are an inspiration.
I love your abstract by the way. Definitely not trash!

Rebecca Crowell said...

Congratulations...those are tough odds and I'm sure a tough juror! I just came across your blog and I like your work--I'll be reading this often. I'm an abstract painter in Wisconsin..was just surfing around looking for kindred spirits and found your blog and website.