Monday, February 11, 2008

Quick studies



When I teach, I often have chunks of down time when the students are at a certain stage with their projects and need to be left alone to work some things out without my input. I like to made studies myself during these times. This way, I feel that I’m contributing to the creative and focused energy in the classroom by working myself, but I’m physically available to the students if they want to ask a question.

On Saturday I made the two studies above, the face in my fashion illustration class (we were drawing heads) and the garlic in my watercolor class (we were talking about mixing grays from primaries and working with the white of the page).

I was interested to find that I really can make decent studies in these styles and media, even though they are far from what I do in my own studio.

No comments: