Friday, April 4, 2008

Collage from leftover scraps


Here's a new painting I finished this afternoon. It's taken me about a week just to cut out all these circles, here and there while watching TV. They are the leftover scraps from my presidential portrait collage (see here). I thought they looked cool, sort of like pixels, and I liked the way the different values create space. This piece is 40 inches square.

Here's a closer look at the circles. It's amazing what you can find in the "trash."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am watching your process and love what you are doing!

Catherine Carter said...

Thank you, Laraine! Hope the process looks fun, 'cause it is!

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

very nice!i enjoy it very much!
thanks for sharing.

r.

Catherine Carter said...

Thank you so much for the positive feedback!