Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Here's another new piece, created yesterday, made of painted and collaged fabric. I'm hoping to expand this series into larger canvases, perhaps with more complex formations that "cut" (visually) the original square of the stretchers into various blocks and crosses. I've used up all my burlap, etc., making the 10" pieces, so it's back to the store for more raw materials.
Also, the recent purchase of more cradled boards enabled me to finally finish up the nine-section series I had started earlier. (One of my favorites from the series, made on Sunday, shown below.) I can't make any more of these; they were assembled from cut-up old paintings, and I've run out of squares!