A few new things cooking in the studio. Here's the beginning of my foray into reds; I've been drawn to "berry" reds rather than a primary red, I guess to ease the transition from blue! I'm starting small -- these are 20 inches square -- and hoping to develop my "berry vocabulary" before I move on to some larger sizes. I'm ultimately aiming for 5 long panels (like the "Tides" series on my website homepage), 58" H x 20" W each.
I'm also continuing work on a series that's been ongoing for some time now (since 2001!), canvases with circles glued into a row. I made a few small ones last week; now I'm going to move up to 40 inch square canvases. I made the fabric below this afternoon (squirting blue paint onto wet white curtain fabric), and when it's dry, I'll cut it into circles and glue it onto my canvas:
Here's an example of an earlier piece (2009), titled "Blue Circles 1," made in the same format, to give you an idea of how this new one will look when finished: