Saturday, June 18, 2011

Trek to Chelsea

Had a wonderful visit to Manhattan yesterday with three artist friends. After the bus deposited us near Madison Square Garden, we treked over to Chelsea to visit galleries, and our walk included a number of blocks over the newly completed section of the High Line. Such a lovely view of nature in the city, with fine views of the surrounding buildings made possible by the elevated location of the pathway. (Below, a photo of us on our walk, taken by my fellow traveler Laraine Armenti.)



Both Laraine (on her blog, here) and another of our companions, Jeanne Williamson (on her blog, here) have detailed our journey, Laraine with photographs and Jeanne with a complete listing of the galleries and shows we visited.

All in all a fun and stimulating adventure! As I wrote in the blog entry on my last trip to NYC, I now return to my studio inspired by the artwork I saw on display as well as the general energy of that vibrant city. Can't wait to get back to the series of large canvases I started last week. I even dreamed of some new painting ideas during the bus ride home!

No comments: