Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Final post

For the past 5 years (almost exactly: my first post was on May 2, 2007), I have been writing in this blog, posting on many aspects of my art career. I've documented the ups and the downs of my life as a painter, striving to express myself honestly on the canvas as well as to get my artwork out into the world.

I find that I am no longer drawn to document my experiences in this forum. However, my career continues to expand in new directions, and I invite those who are interested to visit my website at CatherineCarterPainting.com to follow these developments as they unfold.

Also, feel free to join me on Facebook by clicking here.

I thank you kindly for having read my musings over the years, and wish you the best!

8 comments:

Lisa Call said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts these past 5 years. I'll miss your blog posts Catherine.

Catherine Carter said...

Oh, thank you, Lisa! I appreciate your writing this.

Susan Rood Art said...

Your blog is a favorite. i'm sorry that you are stopping writing it.Thank you for your insights and honesty about the life/career of an artist. Hope that your old posts will remain online for awhile. I'll be sure to check for news of your career. Keep hoping that it will work to get to one of your shows so I can see your artwork "for real" instead of online.e

Catherine Carter said...

Thank you, Susan! I'm definitely planning to leave up the old blog. I'm so glad you'll keep checking on the news blog; would love to meet you at an upcoming show.

Karin lynn said...

I am going to miss your posts.....I have gained much knowledge from your posts....sure you want to do this? "sad face"

Catherine Carter said...

I appreciate your writing, Karin! I'm definitely sure - I feel as though I've written about everything I can think of, from autobiographical posts to musings in the studio. Nothing else for me to say but report on where the journey leads me, which I'll do in the Career News Blog. Thank you for being such a faithful reader.

Stephanie Clayton said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts, Catherine, and will miss your blog. However, I will be sure to visit your career news posts. I wish you continued success!

Catherine Carter said...

Thank you, Stephanie! Much success to you as well. <3