Friday, July 1, 2016

Farewell to my old studio

Moving is always a bittersweet experience. You are caught between fond memories of your old life but excited by imaginings of the new one. My life circumstances have shifted, and I am now now bidding farewell to the studio I have enjoyed for the past 12 years. It has been located in the spacious walkout basement of the house my husband and I have been renting in Holliston, Massachusetts, and this proximity has been one of its best features. No need to drive anywhere or even get dressed; I could just pad downstairs in my pajamas and stretch a canvas or add a layer.

While I will miss this room, it is time to move on to new artistic adventures. I have to admit, I am excited to be getting a fresh start! For a moment, though, I want to take one last look back and give thanks for the opportunity I had to work here.


So long, it's been good to know you!


Back when it was set up and ready to work in ... 

No comments: