Saturday, November 17, 2007

What a difference a pro makes


This is why I hire a professional photographer! Most of the other entries on this blog are illustrated with images that I take myself by propping up my painting on a wall and snapping at random with my trusty digital camera. This usually happens when I am excited about a new work and want to get it on my blog fast, or when I have a show coming up that I want to mention on the blog, but the works haven't been properly photographed yet.

But for my web site, obviously I need to do better than that. If you're in the Boston area, I highly recommend Joe Ofria as an art photographer -- he works from the Image Inn in Arlington, Massachusetts.

The image above is one that Joe shot for me. It's named Orange Tangle; it's acrylic and pastel on paper, 30" H x 22" W, and was made over the summer. It's all ready to join a bunch of other new pieces when I have my web site updated.

No comments: