Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kick up your heels


Here's another drawing I made as an example for my teen fashion illustration class at the Danforth Museum School. It's such a fun class!!! I'm hoping to offer fashion illustration as a week-long teen workshop over the summer.

I took a workshop like that myself during the summer of my junior/senior year in high school, at the School of Fashion Design in Boston, and it was a real breakthrough experience for me. I really found my identity through that class -- color, drawing, playing with design. From then on, the only thing I ever wanted to do was draw pictures of clothes.

Same thing happens in my Saturday morning class this semester. I sit down with my students, we start drawing fashion models in cool clothes, talk about "Project Runway" and their favorite singers and movies while we draw, and in the blink of an eye, it's time to go home. Sigh. Too much fun!

No comments: