Monday, April 28, 2008

There's a party in my mailbox

I’m on a roll! For the second day in a row, I’ve skipped out to check the mail and found I’ve received a package containing a bunch of copies of a catalog that features my work!

Today I found a nice fat envelope from the good folks at the ART In Embassies Program. A catalog has been created to document the artworks currently on display at the Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon, and I am one of the fortunate artists whose work is included.

Below are the catalog pages which show my paintings. (I smiled to discover that “spray paint” in French translates to “bombe aérosol” ! It is, after all, an “aerosol bomb,” isn’t it?)

The catalog includes an eloquent introduction by Ambassador Janet E. Garvey, who selected my work and that of 6 other Massachusetts artists for exhibition at the Embassy. Her essay includes: “In the playful pair of works by Catherine Carter, the artist’s lines follow infinite permutations within a finite space.”

Thank you, Ambassador Garvey, I am truly honored. And more than a little bit excited!



No comments: