Friday, February 21, 2014

New grouping of 10

As I've noted in past posts, I've recently been creating a series of works on paper. My idea was to reach a total of 10 that I felt satisfied with, then pause and reflect on them for a bit before deciding how to proceed.

After several months of work, and culminating in a productive session yesterday morning, I now feel as though I have arrived at a cohesive 10 pieces, so time now it's time to live with them for a bit. But I certainly plan to continue on after some time for consideration; for each of these 10, I have 10 more ideas for possible variations in tone, color, line direction, line width, etc., etc., etc.!!

Here are my favorite 4; the entire 10 are on view on my Facebook page, here.

"Patterns 1," acrylic on paper, 30" H x 22" W

"Patterns 4," acrylic on paper, 30" H x 22" W

"Patterns 7," acrylic on paper, 30" H x 22" W

"Patterns 10," acrylic on paper, 30" H x 22" W

No comments: