Saturday, November 15, 2014

Connected to a good cause

I'm so pleased that my painting "Lure" (acrylic and spray paint on canvas, 20 inches square, 2005) is included in the Danforth Museum of Art's current show, "Creative Community: Danforth Art in Collaboration with the Art Connection." The artworks in this exhibit, ranging from 6 inches square to more than 5 feet high, are creations that have been donated to The Art Connection and are currently available for selection by area non-profits.

I have very much enjoyed my long-term relationship with the Art Connection, having placed more than 20 paintings through them over the past 8 years. They kindly wrote about my artwork and career in their Featured Artist section during 2012. The recipients of my canvases have included such worthy organizations as the Pine Street Inn, the Violence Intervention Advocacy Program, Central Boston Elder Services, REACH Beyond Domestic Violence, Harbour House Family Center, and Mattapan Community Health Center.

Here's a "Hi, Mom" shot of me with "Lure" at "Creative Community" ...




... as well as enjoying the entire show of paintings by other generous artists who have given to the Art Connection.



Check out the exhibit if you have a chance! It remains on display until December 14.

No comments: