Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year 2016!

I've just posted my New Year's Newsletter with a look ahead to the coming year:

New year heralds new directions ... 
View this email in your browser

Catherine Carter

Studio News
Dear Friend:  It's time to bid farewell to 2015 and turn our attention to all the promise that 2016 holds! In the case of my studio, the new year will bring a major transition. After 12 years in the same space, I will be relocating, with all of the personal and artistic reevaluation (not to mention elbow grease) that experience entails. I feel overwhelmed but excited by the prospect!

In addition to the process of organizing and boxing my possessions, I have been squeezing some last-minute creation time out of my old studio. The result is a series of fabric and paper collages on 8- and 12-inch-square boards (shown below), aimed for an upcoming solo show at Gallery 65 on William this May. In making these pieces, I have focused on my love of graffiti, with the intention of packing a visual punch into each tiny square.

Thank you as always for your interest in and support of my ever-unfolding career as a painter. For regular updates, feel free to connect with me via the Facebook and Twitter links below; a complete display of my artwork is available at my website, CatherineCarterPainting.com.

I send you my warmest wishes for a brilliant New Year!

Catherine
 
 
My painting "Autumn Lines" is currently hanging in the group exhibition titled "Dream Weavers" atBrickbottom Gallery in Somerville, MA. The show remains on display until January 16. Gallery hours are Thursday through Saturday, 12 to 5.
My painting titled "Summer" (acrylic on canvas, 20" square, 2015) will be included in the 27th Annual MassArt Auction, to be held on April 9. 
Coming this summer: I have been invited to participate in the upcoming exhibit "Contemporary Women Artists" at the Bristol Art Museum in Bristol, Rhode Island, to be on view from July 22 to September 4. Additional details to follow!
Happy New Year!
Copyright © 2015 by Catherine Carter. All rights reserved.

No comments: