Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh, what a relief it is



Phew! This morning, I have that wonderful sensation that comes from knowing you have taken all the logical steps you can to reach a goal, and all that remains is to sit back and let destiny take its course.

Yesterday I went to the post office and mailed off a pile of packets to prospective gallerists, curators and art consultants. As the postal worker stuck the postage label on the very last envelope, I felt such a sense of relief! For months, I have been doing research on possible places to apply, having new cards printed up, having my art work photographed and my web site updated, burning CDs of my jpgs, polishing my resume and artist's statement, printing labels and stuffing envelopes.

Now that the work is out there in the world, there's nothing left to do but let it go and see what comes back.

Now ... should I turn my attention to those giant dust bunnies that are blowing across my living room like tumbleweeds across a Western movie set, or sit out on the patio with an umbrella drink?

No comments: