Wednesday, July 4, 2007

New life for the board room



I have been putting together some works on paper to drop off with an art consultant who is making a presentation to a potential corporate buyer next month.

After all the hours I spent as a bored secretary, taking minutes in board rooms (there's an ironic pun for you), wouldn't it be funny if my presence in a corporate setting was through my art, rather than as a note-taking lackey?

I don't mean to belittle my seven years as a secretary. I worked for some extremely nice bosses, and one of my employers paid for my undergraduate degree with a generous tuition reimbursement program (thank you, MIT!). But my heart wasn't in it.

The funny thing is, I am an EXCELLENT secretary! It's just that the activities it involves bore me out of my skull.

So we'll see if my artwork makes it to the office, since I don't want to go back in person.

No comments: