Saturday, October 6, 2007

Presentation on my career



The Artist Guild of Shrewsbury was kind enough to invite me to speak about my work and career at their monthly meeting on October 1. It was a revealing experience for me to look through images of all the work I’ve made since I was in my early 20s and select the best ones to show to the group. I discovered that certain styles and directions have always been present in my work, regardless of how old I was at the time or what type of art I was creating.

The group members were very responsive and seemed especially interested in hearing about some of the techniques I have used over the years. The painting pictured above generated a good deal of interest (from the “Spring Series” made in 1999, mixed media on canvas, 45” x 60”), and I found that after all these years I could remember exactly what materials and gestures had gone where, just from the slide projected on the wall!

Here are some photos of me giving my talk, taken by Aaron Fox who is one of the guild members and also its web master. Click here for more information about the Artist Guild of Shrewsbury. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me to present my work.

No comments: