Monday, May 19, 2008

Patching together a new series


A friend whose opinion I truly trust voiced her love of a painting I made earlier in this style, so I have decided to make a series of them. I am loving every minute of making them, which is a good sign.

I'm going through old works on paper and printings on cloth as the "raw materials" for these paintings -- pieces from the past that I wasn't sure what I'd ever use them for, but I kept because I liked them so much. That's a good sign too!

These works are 20" square, collages on stretched canvas.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Hi Catherine, just checking in to see what you've been up to. Good stuff!

Catherine Carter said...

Thank you so much, Martha! I have been enjoying your Haiku series lately. Looking forward to seeing how the tiny canvases work out for you as well.