Saturday, May 17, 2008

Reverse image


What a way to start the day! I hustled down to the studio this morning with plans to work on a painting I started a few days ago, and/or continue a series I had started a few months ago.

Why do I bother to make plans? I know the inevitable result. The supplies will tell me what to do that day, and it will never have anything to do with what I had planned (but instead be MUCH more fun!).

When I got down there today, I got the urge to go through some old works on paper. I pulled out a stencil I had cut out last fall, a blank page I had folded in half some time ago and so now wanted to use up, and a years-old can of black spray paint. So I randomly put them all together, and ended up with the cool image above! This gives me an idea for a whole new series of works on paper. Luckily, I have some time to work it out before my summer teaching begins.

No comments: