Friday, December 26, 2008

"Opening Lines" opening soon

My new year begins with participation in a wonderful exhibit at the New Art Center in Newton, Massachusetts, opening on January 12. All are invited to attend this exciting show, curated by Susan Goldwitz, and the related reception, talks and workshop. Below is the invitation card which, I am honored to say, features my work. There's more information on the Center's website here.

Happy New Year to All! May 2009 be filled with all of the golden opportunities you are hoping for!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Catherine,

This looks like it will be a great show. I hope to see it when we come to Newton to visit our son. I have just found your blog. I was looking for press on Carole Rabe's show. I was her roommate at Hartford Art School.

I'm sorry to see your lastest entry about changing your blogging strategy.I have been reading your old posts and really enjoying them. Loved your thoughts on juried shows as a gamble and teachers who don't teach. I can understand how you must feel the need to blog a little less but regret that for now there will not be as much to read.

Thank you so much for your web words.

Catherine Carter said...

Thank you, Sue, I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this blog! I hope that you do have a chance to visit "Opening Lines" -- it promises to be a most intriguing show.

Also in the "it's a small world" category -- Carole Rabe will be showing my work in a three-person show at the Hess Gallery at Pine Manor College next month.

Again, I appreciate your kind response!