Monday, June 14, 2010

New monotypes

Made a series of 6 new monotypes over the weekend, using the Degas method of pressing a piece of paper against the wet surface of a "failed" painting.





Here is a detail:



Not sure how I'll display these, as they are all different sizes and they look good individually, as a separately framed group, or in a conjoined row. I also have some fabric that's a similar color, and I might paint on the fabric and then collage it into strips alongside the monotypes, as in these older pieces:



We'll see ... so many possibilities!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, love the new ones, Catherine. Love them all, but the last is my favorite. Just love the sophistication. Thanks for sharing your amazing work.

Catherine Carter said...

Thank you, Terri. I've decided to frame them separately, and display them as a group.