Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New painting archive site

I've decided to create a blog that highlights work from the 15 years I've now been painting. Yes, it's been 15 years since I rushed up on the stage at the University of Massachusetts (Dartmouth) and grabbed that diploma from the chancellor's hand. It seems incredible that it's been that long! Since 1997, my life has centered on my painting, and while I've explored a variety of directions during those years, my focus has always been the element of line. Line signifies to me excitement and exploration, and it never ceases to challenge me.

Here's the site: carterpaintingarchive.blogspot.com

I'll eventually link the archive blog on my website, and keep adding to it as the years go by. I'm looking forward to what the next 15 years of studio work will bring! Certainly, more lines.

No comments: