Friday, May 10, 2013

Final stages of "Suspense"

One of my current projects, a group of five paintings on stretched canvas titled "Suspense" (each piece is 56" H x 12" W), is moving a step closer toward completion. Today I hung the five canvases together on my dining room wall (the only wall in the house that is bare and large enough to accommodate them - hence the light switch and electric socket!), so now I can see generally how they will look when on public view. I have a show coming up in early September that I want to include them in, so I need to complete the series before my busy summer teaching schedule kicks in. They still need a few coats of white to finish off the background areas and sides, and then we'll be ready to take this show on the road.



Here are some of the earlier steps in the process. This shot was taken in February, when I first got started:


This was the next phase, shot in March:


And this picture was taken in April:


We're getting there!

No comments: